This game is seriously fun. It's simple so anyone can play has tons of charm to it. It's really hard to put down! Like stated before the controls take a bit to get used to but, after awhile it's easy to know what does what. The camera was a little jittery on a couple parts i'm sure it's on purpose to give the kids a fighting chance! I never did see any of Krampus' switch power ups a shame because I was looking forward to that. Would love to see a sequel or an updated version with more levels!
Happy Happy Krampusnacht
Play as Saint Nick's shadowy companion, Krampus, and punish naughty children for their vile misdeeds! Send them to work in Santa's coal mine, and drag the nice children home so they don't catch a cold or whatever.
Happy Happy Krampusnacht is a score attack sandbox. Banish naughty children for +10 points and +10 seconds, or drag nice children to safety for +5 points and +15 seconds. If time runs out it's game over.
supports X-Input controllers
[1.02] - Christmas 2017
- Web version
- Improved level flow.
- Constable now warps to the nearest on-screen door more quickly when off-screen.
- Variable jump height.
- Jump still works for 0.1 seconds after running off a ledge to feel more reliable.
- Misc minor performance optimizations.
[1.01] - Christmas 2016-
- Children can now be thrown to stun others by releasing Grab while moving.
- Hidden power-ups for Krampus' switch now appear in certain areas.
- Gathering more than 150 points will attract the local constable's attention.
- Nice children wrongly banished to the coal mine are now present on the score screen.
- Children who are allowed to fall off the cliff are automatically banished to the relative safety of the mine.
- Children no longer bounce on steam vents while stunned
(Original Wizard Jam version)Extract folder to desired location and run HappyHappyKrampusnacht.exe
*If you have performance issues, make sure you have DXWeb installed. You'll find an installer included in the ZIP.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is more challenging than it looks, but is pretty fun once you get the hang of it. The simplistic art style looks like something done in MS Paint, and I feel that gives it a certain charm as it works well for the game's overall appearance and play style. I also like that the dev has apparently kept it up to date despite it being made in 2015. That's pretty cool of you, guy.
Good job on this. It's nice having something for the holiday season that isn't just more Santa or snowmen.
What did you develop this game with?
Construct 2. It gives you a pretty good running start with a ton of common game elements built in, like basic platformer behaviors and stuff like that. Great for jams!
happy happy happy happy!